Monday, July 11, 2011

15 Good Reads For The Fashion Blogger



No one, I repeat, NO ONE should go without Korean and Japanese Vogue. It's like trying to eat a Twinkie without the cream filling.

Lula

Nylon is like the Teeny Bopper magazine for hipsters. It's ripped out pages have covered much of my wall space over the years.

Zoo

i-D

V

The Gentlewoman. Perfect combination of sophistcation and feminism.

Tank

Love

Bullett


I LOVE POP MAGAZINE LIKE A FAT KID LOVES TWINKIES. In a nut shell. I want both these covers as posters in my room!


Dazed and Confused is possibly one of the coolest magazines on earth. Some high fashion magazines seem to try so hard to be the "weirdest" or the most "artistic" and end up just giving me that awkward, sick feeling (I don't really know what that means but...whatever) when Dazed and Confused is just naturally a high quality pheonomenon of fashion, art, and culture. It constantly features some of the best artists of our time and never skimps on quantity and quality.


Numéro

Acne Paper. I just discovered this one and I can't wait to get my hands on an actual copy. It was the cover of this issue that snagged my interest. It's so undescribably beautiful to me and i'm not sure why.

Sorry if i've been a little bit (try a lot) M.I.A. these days, i'm getting ready to leave one of the most beautemous, kick-ass countries on earth (Italy, what else?) so i've been a bit busy eating my weight in more pizza and gelato than is healthy and going to the beach. (of course it wouldn't be anything productive like packing the suitcase that's bigger than me) Although, I have every intention of running straight from the airport to the sewing machine as soon as I hit good old Uhmerican soil. That is, as soon as I get my grubby little hands on a Twinkie and some Tacos.

-Olive, The Blowfish Queen

No comments: